Roksan Home Page Roksan Distributors Roksan Downloads Roksan Events & Information
Roksan On Twitter |Roksan On Facebook

Roksan's News Feed

www.roksan.co.uk :: View topic - Artemiz - how to level up?
    www.roksan.co.uk Forum Index www.roksan.co.uk
    Share your comments and ideas with us and other ROKSAN enthusiasts!

New registered users, to activate your account please email:

webadmin@roksan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
     ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Artemiz - how to level up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.roksan.co.uk Forum Index -> Tech Analogue
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    adam3city

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Artemiz - how to level up? Reply with quote

I recently mounted old Artemiz on my rosewood Xerxes. The plinth has a sag of approx. 1mm but it should not prevent from proper set up I believe. The real surprise was when I used a small bubble (as on photo from ebay auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roksan-Nima-set-up-device-a-mini-spirit-level-/251250862883?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Turntables&hash=item3a7fb7eb23#ht_3329wt_1141) to check if tonearm/cartridge is properly positioned. I assume the perfect situation (with proper VTA and platter flat and also stable) is that once the needle touches the record - then bubble gets into the center so Iknow that tonearm is perfecly positioned - am I right?

Unfortunately it was very difficult to mount my Artemiz in a way that the bubble would get in the center - funny is that Xerxes itself is properly positioned, even vinyl record is properly positioned - bubble in the center across the board... but not in the center on Artemiz headshell. And the bubble movement was not even reflecting the sag. To have the bubble in the center I needed to put a bit of paper under the clamp when mounting Artemiz - only then I managed the bubble to get a bit into the center but not perfect unfortunately.

Your thoughts?
    Guy Pettigrew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bubble shouldn't be in the centre. This would maen the arm is level when playing records.

The Artemiz, as with most arm/cartridge combinations, works best slightly lifted up at the back.

This will make the bubble move to the back of the little circle.

Guy
    adam3city

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then it might be not proper VTA, right? Actually I got into some tips that the most important is that the needed itself will be straight in the grooves - not that much importance of vta or tonearm etc.
    Guy Pettigrew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTA can make a huge difference to the way a cartridge sounds. It's a bit difficult to experiment with the Artemiz, though, as it means loosening the nut under the arm board to change the VTA.

The recommendation for the Artemiz/Shiraz combination is definitely to have the arm slightly raised at the pillar end.

In fact, this recommendation is common for a lot of arms and carrtridges, I think.

Guy
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.roksan.co.uk Forum Index -> Tech Analogue All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: